Sunday, October 21, 2012

A Favorite

 
As winter approaches, it's easy to remember there is nothing like a good story, with candles lit, a fire on the hearth, and music and dancing to go with it. Too, a good stew in the pot . . . mmmm . . . a way of life, in many ways worth getting back to.



Eamon Kelly was born in 1914. He is loved and remembered as Ireland's master storyteller; in the 1950's and 60's, people on their little farms and homesteads gathered round their radios to be taken, spellbound, into unknown times and places. Kelly said that storytelling is the greatest one-man-show on Earth. That's very true for me! Some stories have helped me to change the course of my days, my thinking, and my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Superb posting, I share the same views. I wonder why this particular world truly does not picture for a moment like me and also the blog site creator :D