Thursday, July 4, 2013

Summertime


School has been out for more than a week, and I've started teaching workshops at the library. For my first session I had fifty or sixty kids, with help from really sweet teen volunteers. We made these stand-up paper animals, which you can learn to do from Joel. When you give kids a project like this, they come up with their own ideas, so we had all kinds of animals (and some very cute one-eyed monsters).

Too, there is work to be done at Phoenix Rising during our break.  Saws and drills, glue and nails, pine and fir - making more benches and a big art table and finishing the cupboard/work spaces I started. Pretty soon sweeping up sawdust will be behind me!

When school starts up again we are going to make these neat
little cardboard boats, and at least one thousand other wonderful things!

No comments: